granted fairy
In the corner of the eye, a flash of static.
She is watching still over her shoulder, though not looking back. With that horribly annoyed shake of her hair, she stops.
Are you ok? Over the top of her specs.
Did you see something there? Maintaining eye contact but shifting one shoulder a little, then standing straighter on both feet.
What? There's a group of high school kids coming, so she steps back toward the house decisively. You can't leave a girlfriend standing on the sidewalk in her pajamas. Look, I'm just going to tell you what to do. Go back upstairs, lock the door, and figure out what the hell you plan to do. It's never going to happen till you have it straight in your head and trust me when I tell you- Don't Future trip, but Plan. Softening a bit, Tout va bien.
Lock myself down till I understand? Do I get to win, too? Skeptical eyebrow.
You want to learn how, and win, at the same time? See how much you need me? Actually- you need someone to help you.(sighing)
I'm just going to... try to do it my way.
Deadpan Your way? I'll see you soon.
There's no one there when she moves away. Slowly turn chin toward the stretch of sidewalk that had seemed lit for a minute, push glasses up nose, and furrow brow while locking the door again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home