Float and Twirl

Electrical hardware and drama and naked women and silk and getting lost.

Friday, May 25, 2007

They say it's ok, even unheard

Two days. I repeat that out loud. People who spend too much time alone begin to talk to themselves, repeating things they hear said on the street. That's what those weird people are doing. The ones who talk to themselves- isn't it?
He said that I probably have about two days.
To get there, and make it work, or to run like crazy.
It's further than I realized, that's true.
It's also a lot more dangerous, going into territory I have no desire to go into.
Is that the nature of the game?
In some respects, but this isn't pure resistance. There is a good amount of fear to overcome.
Took the shirt I woke up in and balled it into a tight roll, and shoved it into the garbage. Not the GoodWill bag, but the garbage. Laid down to think about that then remembered not to spend too much time thinking about these things. Avoid being the poison. Or wearing or consuming or... using it? And don't walk around naked, fool heart.

Back in time again. Thinking about the moment when he left, taking his bags and walking out the door with the black over-shoulder dragging on the floor- the strap that would have to be unclipped among the baggage claimers, for satisfaction.

Look, there isn't much to say at that point. Straighten your shirt. Draw your shoulders back. It's a long scene, the one about getting out the door. It's like everything else that happens around here, it's an attended routine. One step out isn't halfway, it's far less than that, and knowing feels good but being uncertain is a joke. Laugh! That laugh was your mistake.

The problem is that my mind is my favorite project. It doesn't make any money. It doesn't progress society. It's deeply tied to my body and if I tread heavily there, nothing else happens. There are pieces here and there. I, as a person, am like your typical small business. It, my body, has very little purpose or meaning or use. Well, if anyone can think of something to do with it they are more than welcome, I'm an absolute mess of physical need. 14 hours without skin contact leaves me shivering with restraint against the fetal position. Personally, my favorite is a rub of the inner wrist against someone else's, it's like blood contact but of course not quite. That would be dirty and gross. A hug works well also. Beware large sweaty men. They will make you smell less nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home