I got a message from within city limits last week. At first I thought it was a message for me, at which point it may as well have been. I've been in the city, maybe as a sightseer more than an entity, but I've seen. Sometimes I smell flavors and know how they taste, you understand? I'm not proud of it, don't consider the memories strong enough to be good, but I've been there. When I realized that the message wasn't actually for me, personally, it was like this- Sometimes a car drives by and from the volume and content of it's noise, you can tell a city dweller is inside. They carry that atmosphere with them, and it's easy to hate them a little bit, because it is easily understood that even sitting right there in that car with them would make them no less inside and you outside. So you might as well be on the curb recognizing them as anywhere, and better almost anywhere else. And then they are gone and you are back where you were standing all along, with exhaust fumes chasing up your nostrils and slippery gravel underfoot.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
About Me

- Name: Float and Twirl
I'm just doing what I've always done. Which means - I scribble in a notebook while in buses, trains, cars, bars, beds, transit stations, telephone booths, and in my office when I wake up at 4 am and am waiting for the sun to come up. I write upside down and across pages and I try to enjoy each piece as I find it, before the throwing away. Or losing.
Previous Posts
- Job hunting is like dieting, after a while. You t...
- no interest in life
- He was 16 when he started trying to move the cats ...
- A stop at window number 8 to get a number for myse...
- The day I'm thinking of, the men were talking at a...
- There were a whole bunch of nights something like ...
- In an apartment across town, an older man, nearly ...
- I was brushing my teeth when he walked into the ap...
- For over a year I was floating IT. I crossed betw...
- will someone please just reproduce with me and get...
Self Love Meter


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home